HISTORIC HOLZER AUCTION
SALE: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2021
PREVIEW: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2021
We are honored to have been selected to sell the multi-generation Holzer family collection - a collection over 100 years in the making! This will be a rare opportunity to buy antiques, art, and collectibles that haven't been on the market in decades. We have already made some wonderful discoveries, and there are sure to be many more by auction day.
To learn more about the Holzer family, CLICK HERE.
- a rare copy of Articles of an Association by the Name of the Ohio Company, printed by Isaiah Thomas in Worcester, MA in 1786
- Manasseh Cutler's handwritten copy of the minutes of the meeting of the directors and agents of the Ohio Company held on July 2, 1788 (this was the first meeting in the new settlement and the meeting at which they named the town "Marietta")
- early Ohio furniture, including a (probably) Gallia County curly maple chest of drawers
- early cased photographs including a daguerreotype portrait of a gentleman in sunglasses
- early local ephemera, including letters and postcards
- a significant collection of Wallace Nutting reproduction furniture (the first Mrs. Holzer was friends with Nutting and likely purchased these directly from him)
- 1947 Steinway baby grand piano
The sale will offer ONLINE AND ABSENTEE BIDDING ONLY. While there will be an open preview in Gallipolis, there will be no live/in-person bidding.
Please check back here for additional photos and highlights as we work through the collection. Once we have the catalog links, we will post them here.